Saturday, July 21, 2012


Hi I’m Soni and today I’m honored to be guest posting for Sofie who is an extremely talented blogger  I'm a big fan of her German recipes especially her breads and desserts! I met her through our Facebook group and getting to know her has been a sheer pleasure. Her witty comments just crack me up :)


For this post I’ve made an Apple Ricotta Cake that I think you all will love. It’s a rustic cake, that I’ve adapted from the website All Recipes. I’ve used extra virgin olive oil here that also makes it a healthy indulgence :)


The addition of Ricotta gives it a creamy texture and the sweet apples with cinnamon flavors it beautifully!Great with a topping of either whipped cream or ice-cream~

Apple Ricotta Cake

Ingredients:
2 medium apples-peeled, cored and chopped or sliced
Cinnamon-2 tsp
Ricotta-1/4 cup
Eggs-2
Sugar-1 cup
Extra Virgin Olive Oil-1 cup
All purpose flour-1 ½ cup
Baking Powder-1 ½ tsp
Vanilla extract-1 tsp
Kosher salt-1/4 tsp

Process:
Preheat the oven to 350 Grease a 9-inch spring form pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle some flour all over.
Cream the sugar and oil in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer until creamy. Add the ricotta and vanilla and mix. Add the eggs and continue to mix until well combined.
Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and ground cinnamon in a separate bowl and add to the liquid mixture. Mix until well combined. Fold in the apples and pour the batter into the greased pan.
Bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Once done cool on a wire rack and serve warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!Comments brighten-up my day, so please do not hesitate to leave one!Please keep in mind that impolite or abusive comments will not be published on my site.
Have a great day!
Soni